Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Spa-Like Bathroom

Okay! My bathroom is officially the latest of my rooms to endure the zen organizing project. I let it get pretty bad before I tackled it and I was at the point where I was almost ready to throw in the metaphorical towel altogether. But forged ahead and I think it came out rather nice. And spa-like.

Before:
Towels all over the floor, products and hair implements left hither and thither, glass shelfy thing standing in the corner to dry after I spilled a vanilla vodka and coke on it and then rinsed it off in the shower.

After:
Lovely new purple bathmat and cleverly disguised cat carrier with magazines fanned out on top. This was the best solution I could come up with for the cat carrier because I need to keep it in the bathroom for two reasons: 1) I have nowhere else to put it and 2) I shove Bowie in it sometimes when he's being a pill and that's usually in the middle of the night and I could not possibly entertain the idea of getting the cat carrier out from some hidden location.

Counter, Before:

Gah. Stuff everywhere.

After:
Clutter scraped off, organized, and put away. Glass shelfy thing back in its rightful place. New soap dispenser. New jars for hairbands (top shelf, green and brown stripes) and cotton balls (bottom shelf, pink).

Potty Area, Before:
Ylech.

After:
New basketty thing from Ross for kitty litter storage. Cat box emptied. Magazines moved and replaced with decorative candle. Other stuff moved under the sink. Undersink area decluttered and organized.

Stupid Shower Thingy Before:



After:
New shower thingy! Kind of insanely expensive at $39 from Bed Bath & Beyond but I decided to go for it because the package made all kinds of semi-raunchy-sounding "stays where you put it!" "won't slide off!" promises.

Tower thingy before:
Disorganized and clutterful.

Tower, After:
Organized and sporting a new (nonscary) oil incense burner! Also note the new towel holder. This was actually a dishrack that I picked up at TJ Maxx but I thought it would be perfect for towels and washcloths.

Thoughts?