Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dollar $tore Challenge

I participated in the Dollar $tore Challenge brought to us by Miss and Kat. It was a simple enough concept to interest me-- Go to your local dollar store, spend twenty bucks, mail a package to somebody, and in return you'll get a package! Win-win! I was assigned the darling Magda who told me she loves crafts, baking, and the color purple. I headed over to Daiso which is this fantastic Japanese Variety Store where most things are priced at $1.50 and you can buy all kids of adorable things like mini cookie cutters and bento boxes and other cutesy wee little treasures. You can read about the awesome package of magic I sent her right here.

And a week or so ago I received a parcel of surprises in the mail from Ally!


I think she did her homework.

I got a whole bunch of stuff....
Pretty bag, scented candles, and eyemask.


Sewing kit and manicure set! I actually used the sewing kit the very day I recieved it, after I overzealously cut the tags off my new dress and had to stich a seam back up.


Pretty pens and binder clips, multi-opening photo frame. What to put in it, I wonder?


Shower smooshes, hair clippies, sockiepoos, and a puzzle book. Also, there was a york peppermint flavored chapstick that didn't make it into the photo session because I didn't realize it was there until I was breaking the box apart for the recycle bin.

Yay for fun packages! I would love to do something like this again, especially if it means I get to go back to Daiso.