Monday, March 8, 2010

You.

You are beautiful.

You are amazing.

You deserve the very best in life.

You are someone. You are anyone.

I wish I could hold you in my arms and protect you. I wish I could take away your pain. I wish you could see what I see.

No one can see what you see. No one can tell you he is bad or he is wrong or you should leave him. No one can know what is really happening in a relationship unless they are on the inside. But from the outside I can see you are hurting. I know. I have been there.

I was afraid. I was confused. I felt like I had to keep secrets. I felt like it was my responsibility to bend over backwards and make things work and keep everyone happy. I felt like the world I knew was about to come crashing down around me.

And it did. It came crashing down. And I faced it head-on and asked for help and made it out alive and well and strong and shining.

You don't have to make any decisions right now, but think about it.

Does he hurt you? Does he cut down your self esteem? Does he make you feel like you have to choose between him and your family or friends? Do you feel like you have to do whatever it takes to make it work? Have you given up a part of yourself? Have you done things you are not proud of? Have you broken promises to yourself? Are you waiting for him to become the person he promised he would be? Are you staying because you have invested so much time and energy already? Are you staying because you built a life together? Are you lying about him? Are you justifying his actions to yourself? Do you feel like you can't trust him? Do you think that you can't talk about it because people will judge you for staying with him?

I won't judge you for staying or for trying to make it work. Your life and your choices are your own and only you can know what is best for you.

But I will be here.

If you want to talk about it, I will listen.

If you want my advice, I will give it.

If you want to get out, I will be here. I will help you. When you decide that the only way to fix this situation is to let it shatter into a million pieces, I will help you pick up your life and put it back together.

I am here. For you. Because you are beautiful. And you are amazing.

You deserve the very best in life.