Monday, January 25, 2010

About Me

I have slender, bony fingers and tiny wrists.

I have lived in California my whole life. I am open to the idea of living somewhere else, but I don't know how likely that is. I love it here.

I don't have cable.

I am a nurse.

I shop at thrift stores.

I have no patience for the family of video games in which you pretend to play instruments. Also, I suck at them.

But I can hula hoop like a badass.

There are things I probably shouldn't have done or said, but right now I have no regrets. Everything that has happened has gotten me to where I am now.

I am never bored.

I like old people.

I am a great gift giver.

I am learning to cook, sorta.

My parents have been happily married for over 40 years.

I have an overactive imagination.

I am working on a zen organizing project.

I am a tremendously bad liar. I just CAN'T.

I have 8 nieces and nephews.

I always spell nieces wrong the first time. Same goes for received.

But I never mix up your and you're.

I love to laugh.

But I also cry. A lot.

I have been to Fiji.

Chips and salsa is possibly my favorite snack food.

I fall asleep on my tummy.

I count on my fingers.

I am always cold.

I have been sailing. I thought it was too windy.

I have been harassed, threatened, stalked, abused, insulted, lied to, cheated on, stolen from, manipulated, abandoned, and betrayed. I am stronger now than I could have ever imagined.

I don't like coffee.

I have a cat. He is 25 pounds of awesome.

I am a creature of habit, but I also love to go on new adventures.

I believe in myself.

I have a primal urge to sing Ebony and Ivory karaoke.

I am terrified of people in large costumes out of context. Halloween: Okay. Grocery store: NOT OKAY.

I'm a little bit nuts.

I can bend my right thumb backwards all the way behind my index finger's knuckle.

I once tried putting cream cheese in my tea because I was out of milk.

I once worked as an intern on a documentary that won an Emmy.

Speaking of movies, my favorite ones are Labyrinth, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Pulp Fiction, Little Miss Sunshine, Role Models, Undercover Blues, Ishtar, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Sex and the City, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Repo! The Genetic Opera, and Annie.

My favorite books are The Glass Castle, The Lovely Bones, anything by David Sedaris or Augusten Burroughs, One Hundred Years of Solitude, The Poisonwood Bible, The Other Boleyn Girl, Twelfth Night, and The Ordinary Princess.

PBR is my beer of choice.

Miss Grace and I have been friends for twenty years.

In high school, I commuted an hour each way. It was not fun.

I love to take baths.

I don't like wine. I do like champagne.

I make soap.

I can raise one eyebrow. Only the left one.

I have tattoos.

I have a lot of feelings.

This is my blog.