Monday, January 11, 2010

Whoooo

Well I've been back in school for the Winter quarter for a week now. So far it is not so bad. I'm know it will get much more difficult as my classes and clinicals progress, but I'm hoping to be able to really devote my attention to them. I'm also planning to stick with my New Years Resolutions because they will certainly improve my life. Part of my "being happy in the present" plan includes making sure I spend time with friends and go out.

I remember this being a big deal in college. "What are you going to remember in 10 years, that paper you are writing or this PARTY tonight?" my housemates would ask whoever was trying to stay in and not go to whichever frat party we had chosen for the evening. This argument won more often than not, even though the logic is somewhat backwards (cuz I mean, really, does anyone actually REMEMBER a frat party the next day? Let alone in 10 years? Isn't that kind of the point?).

Okay. Okay. I'm pretty sure that I had some sort of conclusion here: I am planning to get through this school year come hell or high water. But, as a part of my 2010 resolutions, I am also planning to take full advantage of fun opportunities. Such as: this weekend! I stayed in the Bay Area, but I did manage to go out to dinner and a play on Friday night, buy some new stuff for zenning my apartment at Target and the Salvation Army, and go to a costume party on Saturday night.



I was an Owl. Whoooo.
And here's the birthday girl and her AMAZING hair:



Judging by the fact that I don't have a lot of CLEAR memories from the party, I'm not sure I'll remember it in 10 years. But I'm certainly feeling happy in the present!