Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yikes.

Well here goes. Tomorrow is officially Day One of my program. Whence I shall begin what is consistently touted as the most intensive yearlong program ever. I've been reassured by various current and former students that it's "tough but ..... doable." There's always the pause before that last word.

I have my Muni pass. I have my little breakfast/snack all packed to eat on the train. My clothes are all set out. I have my notebooks. I cannot, however, lay my hands on my favorite note-taking school pen which I guess is not that big of a deal... I suppose I can buy a new one at the bookstore tomorrow or else use one of these other crap pens. But where has it gone??

I told Jenny that I had purchased new shower curtain rings at Target.
"And did you find the old ones?"
"No! I haven't found them. And I actually don't mind because I was going to be annoyed if they just showed up right after I bought new ones. So that's good."
"Well, not really. Because that means you have a vortex in your apartment."

And apparently the pen is there now too.