Monday, June 23, 2008

Love me my meats.

I would write about my first day, but I just got off the phone after telling 3 people about it and wrote an email to my parents so I'm kind of tapped out on it. Suffice it to say I'm pretty exhausted.

Just got off the phone with Kelly who is awesome and who was very excited to hear I was in the city and friendless. Turns out she is working at a summer camp teaching art classes which is right up her alley if you ask me. She told me a little about the camp. Apparently it is located at a Jewish school. The camp is not Jewish, however, they are just using (presumably renting) the school. On Friday they had orientation and went over some basic rules including:
- No meat is to be kept inside the refrigerators
- No meat is to be consumed inside any of the school buildings

So Kelly can bring meat to work for lunch as long as she does not keep it in the fridge and she eats it outside. But if it is raining then no one can eat meat because they can't go outside. Which I find kind of fantastic.