Monday, June 30, 2008

On the subject of oddities...

There is a ghost living in my phone. Or controlling my phone. Or something.
Because not every night, but often enough so that it's creepy and not so often that I always expect it, my phone alarm will sound at midnight. I've noticed that it usually happens if I'm home alone and alseep... not, say, partying.

The alarm sounds, and I pick up my phone and press the OK button so I can see whatever appointment I apparently scheduled and forgot about and the phone, without fail, goes to the calendar date January 6, 1896.
That's EIGHTEEN ninety-six. As in, long before there were cell phones. Or digital alarms.

There's nothing actually written for the date, apparently my phone just wants to make absolutely sure I am aware of it. Which I am.

????