Friday, June 20, 2008

On the other hand....

Okay, looking on the bright side:

At least everyone was in the proverbial same boat. The general consensus amongst my fellow students was that no one knew much of what the hell was going on. Everyone had to go rushing around campus and stand in a variety of lines and feel overwhelmed and confused. So I suppose that makes me feel better.

Also, I bought new shower curtain rings from Target and got my shower all set up. And today the zit is less angry looking and I also managed to dig out some makeup from one of the garbage bags in the bedroom. Thus I arrived today looking coiffed and glossy.

I had my little green Puma purse that I bought a few months ago when my other purse quite literally fell apart. And yesterday I purchased a neoprene sleeve for my laptop so I can bring it to school-- and the only fun color they had in the right size was green. And then this morning I was rooting around for a sweater to go with my nice white shirt and I came up with the longish green cardigan I used to wear to work all the time. So at least maybe after today my classmates will remember me as "the chick with all the green" and not "the chick with crazy hair and a monster zit."