Thursday, April 22, 2010

Girl Talk: Around the World


Oh I'm so glad that this is the GTT topic for today! Because ever since I made my life list I've been wanting to make subsequent lists and categories and plans and so forth involving traveling. I bought new suitcases a few months ago in a gesture of optimism that I might soon go on fantastic adventures.

With that in mind, please bear with this meticulously listy post (which will be formatted similarly to Jenny's since I liked the organization of it).


Places I've been in the US (listed vaguely from West to Eastish):
  • Hawaii- for many a family vacation.
  • California- I live here!
  • Oregon- visiting family.
  • Nevada- visiting family as a kid so I got to hang out in the deserts and Boulder City and the Hoover Dam. I just went to Vegas for the first time as a grownup in December!
  • Arizona- family vacation to the Grand Canyon.
  • Utah- visiting family in Salt Lake City a couple times, and a family vacation to Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon. My family likes Canyons.
  • Colorado- visiting family and snowboarding.
  • New York- family vacation and visiting friends in Manhattan.
  • Massachusets- visiting family in Boston.
  • Florida- family vacation to Disney World (and a conference).
  • Pennsylvania- visiting friends.
  • Washington DC- touristing.
  • Connecticut- I almost forgot about this one-- I briefly visited New Haven to interview and look at Yale's nursing program.
So that leaves:
  • Alabama
  • Alaska- I bet I could also see the glaciers (number 16) and the aurora borealis (number 24) there.
  • Arkansas
  • Delaware
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Illinois- Why didn't I go to Blogher LAST year? Grrrr.
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming
Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. Anybody up for a long road trip (number 80)? Or a specifically targeted mini vacation?

I've also been to the following countries:
  • Mexico
  • France
  • The UK (England, Scotland, Wales)
  • Australia
  • Fiji
Which leaves, you know, the REST OF THE WORLD. But, specifically I'd like to go to:
  • Europe (number 28)- I'd really like to take one of those trips where you travel around on trains and whatnot and stay wherever the wind takes you. I think this might also be an opportune time to see ancient ruins (number 57).
  • Asia- Japan (number 36) and India (number 69) are specifically on my list.
  • Africa- a good place to go on a safari (number 84), see an endangered animal in the wild (number 91), and see the Nile (number 37).
  • Oh, I dunno, New Zealand, Thailand, Hong Kong, Costa Rica, Chile, Indonesia, Brazil, Egypt, Greece, etc etc etc.
  • Any and all tropical islands.