Friday, July 3, 2009

Pasta Salad

So apparently my mental ratio of pasta to sauce was way off last night because I now have a ton of leftover pasta and only a little sauce.

That is actually the pasta that is still leftover AFTER I made the following recipe. Note to self: pasta looks smaller before it is cooked.

Today I made this, the easiest pasta salad ever.

Ingredients
Cooked, refrigerated pasta
Something Else (chicken? other meats? veggies? fancy cheese?)
Olive oil
Lemon juice

Put the pasta in a bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Stir. Add your Something Else. I had some chicken with garlicky mushrooms in the fridge so I cut the chicken up into little pieces and added that. Stir some more. Now you're done!


If you happen to have a jar of olives in your fridge and you are thinking "maybe I'll add some olives, that would probably taste good," don't bother. You won't be able to get the jar lid off.