Thursday, July 2, 2009

Girl Talk: Shoesies!




Shoes!!

Wanna see the shoes I am wearing right this moment? Here they are.

Glamorous, I know. But these babies have carried me through A LOT of 12 hour clinical days at the hospital. And, thanks to the brand-spankin-new insoles I bought (because I was too cheap to buy actual new shoes), I can still use them on the treadmill. Win.

Okay, here are my other shoes. The heap below is the general "casual" shoe section of my closet minus a couple pairs that must still be in my car from the road trip. Those crazy high top DCs are still unlaced because I haven't quite gotten up the guts to actually wear them.


Anyhow, the shoe rack contains more shoes.


And there are shoe boxes next to the shoe rack.... And, see waaayyy up there on the top shelf of the closet?

Boots.

I mentioned in a previous post that I am totally the Princess and the Pea when it comes to shoes. They must be comfortable or else I will not wear them. If they are cute then certainly I will buy them, as you can see here:


Most of these are around the semi-ish comfortable range on my feetsies. They have been worn on between one and five occasions. Approximately. Give or take. Ish.

Sometimes, I reach for these.

They are pretty and sparkly and perfect for a dinner or wedding or to dress up a summer outfit, but not great for extended periods of dancing or walking.

More often than not, I go back to my old faithfuls.

I know they're not much to look at now, but trust me they had their heyday. You know, back when I wore them to junior prom.... But I slap 'em on with a pair of jeans and I am ready to rock the night away. Or, as in the case of a recent weekend in Chico, drive and dance and text and be called uptight and judgmental the night away.