Saturday, July 25, 2009

feeling sorry for myself

<--- This is how I felt last year on my birthday. And so far, it is looking like it might be equally awesome this year. And by that I mean not awesome at all.

My boyfriend is out of town and doesn't seem to 'get' it. And some of my family members have taken issue with my tattoo, to the point of saying... some things they possibly don't entirely mean.

Last year didn't actually suck because I ended up going out with lovely friends and imbibing myself silly. But this year many of my friends are out of town. So. Anybody have tips for pulling myself up by my metaphorical bootstraps and making the most out of my birthday? Or should I just pretend it's not happening and celebrate later in the hopes of avoiding the crushing disappointment that I feel is just around the corner?