Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Karaoke songs I would like to sing:

Here are some songs I think I could rock out at on the karaoke machine:
- Ebony and Ivory, as a duet of course. Is it not PC? I don't care. It's fantastic.
- Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie. Another duet. I get to be David Bowie. Freddy Mercury is up for grabs.
- Stand Up by Ludacris because I know all the words. And I'm gangsta. Watch out for the medallion.
- Build Me Up Buttercup by the Foundations. Extra fun.

Here are some songs I actually have sung karaoke:
- Survivor by Destiny's Child. Twice.
- Big Pimpin. I wanted to sing 99 Problems, but then Michelle convinced me that we should do Big Pimpin because she didn't know 99 Problems. I pointed out that she could read the screen. She reminded me that I could just do that for Big Pimpin. And so we took the stage for what could potentially have been an extremely humiliating moment if it hadn't been my birthday and I hadn't been inebriated. Fortunately, because of those things, feelings of embarrassment were quite out of reach.
- Britney Spears. Lucky, Baby One More Time, and Crazy. Is it cliche to sing Britney? Probably. But that doesn't mean it wasn't fantastic.
- Dust in the Wind. Again, not my choice. But why?? Why on earth??
- My Sharona. Because it was Jeff's niece's Sweet 16, it wasn't exactly the coolest place I could have done it, but I definitely rocked it. So apparently my most shining karaoke moment was at a house with a bunch of high school sophomores. Which means I need to go karaoking again. Who's with me?