Monday, August 4, 2008

Being Jewels the Nursing Student

You know that part in Being John Malkovich where John Malkovich goes through the portal and into his own brain and all of a sudden he's in a room with hundreds of John Malkoviches and all they can say is "Malkovich Malkovich. Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich."?

Well I feel like that's a pretty good description of my life. I've noticed all I write about is school and nursing and clinicals and classes and tests and how tired I am. Because that is what takes up the majority of my time and energy. I go to school. I think about school. I hang out with people from school. We even sit around at lunch and talk about Foley catheters. We were out at a bar after one particularly painful test (someone described it as feeling date-raped), talking as usual about clincals or something and then Colin said that we had to each say the best thing that had happened to us that week that had nothing to do with nursing. So we did. And it was great.

In the interest of keeping myself sane and perhaps having something more interesting for my reader(s?) to peruse, my plan for this week is to write at least 5 entries, each about something that interests me or that I care about but that does not involve school or nursing or the hospital.

And no, this isn't #1.