Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Last Word

I'm the kind of person who tends to obsess about conversations long after they have happened. I'll feel like I didn't get to express myself in the precise way that I had meant to so I'll catch myself muttering "No, YOU don't understand" or "I can't believe you would think that" while on the Muni or in the shower, whatever.

With that in mind, I have a few choice words for seven different people who are no longer in my life.

1. I am sorry that I let you walk all over me so much. I have to live with that. But at least I don't have to live with myself as the asshole who walks all over people! Oh, and also? You're not that great, you just think you are.

2. The only thing I regret is that it took so long for me to understand the person that you are and that I needed to say goodbye to you.

3. You were a terrible boss. You fostered an environment of cattiness and gossip and you drove our organization toward (not quite into) the ground. I can't believe they threw you a party when you left.

4. I can forgive most things people do because they are either sorry or I feel like I've wronged them too or they don't properly understand the situation or whatever. But you? You would not help me when you were the only one around and I was at my most vulnerable. And then you refused to believe that you were wrong. So, go to hell. Jerk.

5. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but if you want to talk about what an inconsiderate bitch I am then fine, let's do it. But don't just huff around and expect me to ask you why you're mad at me. It's not my job to make you use your words.

6. It took you a SOLID YEAR to admit you were even mad at me, only to tell me that if I wanted to be your friend I was going to have to make a big effort. And it was all over some stupid misunderstanding. How about this? GET OVER IT.

7. I changed my mind! I'll take the money instead!