Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Souperjules

I'm going camping this weekend and packing for this trip is... difficult. Allow me to explain. You see I'm going to this annual Bay Area festival type thing called 'S0up' that's kind of hippyish and Burning Man-esque and they rent out a whole campground/compound area for 300ish people and you camp and there's music pretty much all day long and 'playshops' (like workshops, but for fun things) you can attend or not attend as you like and everybody hugs you.
I went last year with my friend who I'll call Sunny because she's basically the human embodiment of a ray of sunshine, but if you meet her I swear you'll like her. I know what you're thinking-- you're thinking "Pshhh, I won't like her. I bet she'll just annoy me." And I'm telling you SHE WON'T. I tend not to like most people I meet but I liked her instantly and she's happy and bubbly and sweet but not in an annoying way. And I wish I could tell you her real name but it's very unique and internet-searchable so for now she'll be Sunny.

ANYHOW. Sunny invited me and our other friend T last year and we had a blast. Evidence:
That's Sunny in the middle and T on the right.
She's also good at singing (and dancing and hula hooping). You'll like her, I swear.
The food was terrific.
I'm glad I took this pic last year-- there won't be a dragon at the new campsite.
Swimming in the pond!
So since I attended last year I'm invited back and I'm allowed to bring a guest. I talked KC into coming with me and after months and months of S0up being in the distant future it is suddenly THIS WEEKEND. And we have to pack. Last year the theme was Sea (can't you tell from our costumes?), this year the theme is Cosmic. I posted my packing list last year and it's even more extensive this year, partly because I know a little bit better what I'm getting myself into and partly because the theme is different.

tent
sleeping bags, blankies, pillows
air mattress
snacks
beer
soda
bug spray
flashlight
book
flip flops
sneakers
boots
Betsy (KC's guitar)
lemons
potatoes
glow sticks
magic wand
earplugs
toiletries
baby wipes
towel
sun hat
clothes for swap
lougey clothes
jacket/sweats
underoos, socks
cups, plates, bowls, utensils
water bottle
cowboy hat
orange outfit
space outfits
GLITTER
rubber bands
cooler with ice
sunscreen
folding table

Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?