Sunday, June 13, 2010

Park, Boat, Hat, Ducks, Turtles

Even though I live in San Francisco I haven't spent very much time in Golden Gate Park. And I keep accidentally calling it Central Park. Whoops. Anyhow, Saturday! Saturday I went boating in Central Golden Gate Park. In a boat.
This boat, specifically:
There was a 30 minute wait for those paddle boat thingies but if you wanted a leaky old rowboat with one wonky paddle? STEP RIGHT UP. And do you see that shadow? That's me in my NEW HAT. I bought it on Friday and have since become obsessed with it. Also please note how dainty I am with my pinky up.

I rowed for a little while, mostly for entertainment purposes because, well, I have spaghetti arms as you can see here:

Most of the time I did this:
Sat in the boat WITH MY NEW HAT ON!

We saw a family of ducks:

And a LIVE ACTION version of Yertle the Turtle:
"I'm Yertle the Turtle! Oh, marvelous me! For I am the ruler of all that I see!"

All in all, a fun adventure in Centr Golden Gate Park!