Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shout out to Corporate America

After class today I realized I need some crucial items for my first clinical day of the quarter-- namely, a clipboard and some gum. I decided that the best place to find these and other, questionably necessary items was Target. So I called Kelly and we decided to meet there. I was inside when Kelly called to tell me she had arrived.
"I'm coming in the entrance on the left," said Kelly.
"When you're looking at Target from the outside?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"Are you walking in right now?"
"Yeah I'm walking in through the doors. I'm by the candy section."
"Huh. I don't see you...."
"I'm wearing orange pants."
"ummm"
"I'm hopping up and down and waving."
"Okay I'm going over by the doors... Is there another entrance to this Target?"
"Actually, I think there is one. But I'm going to go to the restroom, do you want to just meet there? It's by the pharmacy."
"Perfect. See you there."

5 minutes later....
"Where are you now?"
"Uh, standing outside the restroom."
"That's where I am!"
"You're at the Daly City Target, right?"
"Yeah."
"The one right off Serramonte?"
"Yeah."
"Are you in a parallel universe??"

We eventually figured out that I had accidentally gone to the Target in Colma, instead of Daly City. It was an honest mistake seeing as these two Targets are located less than a mile away from one another and have the same freeway exit. I don't even know what to think about that.