Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My MeMe

I was tagged by Miss Grace, of course.
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. (um. I don't know if I actually have 6 following bloggers...)
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged. (hmmm. I'm pretty sure not tagging anyone will follow along with my already stellar record of failing at life. So that's what I'll do.)


1. My taste buds are apparently still developing. I was an extremely picky eater as a child. My family still teases me about the time in my life (23 or so years ago) when I would only eat white food. You know, cottage cheese, bread, rice, marshmallows. I started liking vegetables halfway through college. I started liking pickles three years ago. I started liking Bloody Marys two weeks ago.

2. With the right amount of flattery, I can be talked into just about anything.

3. When I am at my parents' house I like to rifle through my old books and read them again. The Ordinary Princess. Double-Yuck Magic. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. Someday, Angeline. Number the Stars. Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher. The Babysitters Club. I pretend that it's because I just want something mindless, but really it's because I know these books can't hurt me because nothing that bad happens in them.

4. Silly words and phrases make me incredibly happy. Rabblerousing. Higgelty piggelty. Pluck. Noodle. When people say "I'm going to hop into the shower" or "excuse me, I just need to get into this cupboard."

5. I actually think my lips look kind of sexy after I've been crying. You might not notice because of the puffy, squinty, bloodshot eyes and the ghostly pale skin, but the lips really do become quite plump and rosy.

6. I've never been to Vegas as a grown up.