Friday, May 27, 2011

GLEEFUL

About a year ago I had a conversation with my sister in which she discovered I had never watched Glee. I don't have cable, you see, and I pretty much only use my TV for DVDs. And I have a reallllly hard time starting to watch a new show unless someone else makes me. Case in point: a few years ago my roommate had to sit me down and force me to watch The Office because I thought it sounded dumb. Yeah, I don't make the best snap judgments. Anyhow! My sis couldn't believe I hadn't seen a single episode of Glee... and three days later the first season DVDs appeared in my mailbox. And I LOVED it, of course. Because who doesn't wish their life was more like a musical?
A few months ago my sister sent me a text, "Do you want tickets to Glee Live for your graduation present?"
I thought you'd never ask.

And so on Tuesday night we went!
I wore leg warmers on my arms and KC wore his letterman jacket. Because we are extremely cool. Obviously.
(Please note KC's ENORMOUS HEAD).
I won't tell you my favorite part, but it rhymes with smingle smadies shmance.
Oooh. Or maybe Britney/Brittany was my favorite part.
(This was one of the few photos I took before KC took over as photographer. Mine are a lot blurrier and less zoomed because I was hopping up and down with excitement).
Oh hell. I can't choose.
I loved it ALL.

It was such a great show. I feel like they could have had half as many cast members and half as many songs and STILL packed the house. But they had everybody and did tons of songs and it was just fantastic, I don't know how else to describe it.
And it was, I dunno, three (ish?) hours in which I did not think about ANYTHING else, just enjoyed the music and the dancing and the show and the popcorn chicken and beer and the awesome.
 Happy Jules.