Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Babies! They're cute!

My first Labor & Birth clinical was today. Twelve hours in the Well Baby Nursery. And, um, Oh My GOD. Newborn babies are so effing cute. Man alive are they cute. I mean, duh. Obviously babies are cute. It's part of the whole survival of the species nonsense. One individual baby is cute so that the momma is more likely to carry it with her while she's being chased by the wolves. Yes, that is the scientific explanation.

But, oh my. When there's a whole bunch of them? All snuggle buggled up in bundles? Making little grunting noises or wiggling their tiny arms and legs or FURROWING their teensy little brows? Oh man. I may or may not have had to seriously restrain myself from dropping my professional boundaries and kissing their tiny baby heads and cuddling up in bed with thee or four of them. Babies, you can thank me for discovering, are CUTE!