Wednesday, January 7, 2009

milk & cookies

Tomorrow is day 1 of peds clinicals. I'm pretty nervous because it's the new quarter, I'll be at a new hospital with a new clinical instructor and working with little wee ones for the first time. I love kiddies but I've never really had this kind of role around them so I don't really know what to expect there AND we're going to be able to give out meds which is rather nervewracking.

So tonight I am preparing by eating some milk and cookies because (a) it's delicious and relaxing and (b) it's helping me get into kiddiewinkle mode, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. I don't know what happened but something in my taste buds changed over Christmas break. I used to be the kind of person who didn't crave sweets. Ever. I would choose a bowl of mashed potatoes over ice cream every time. And if I felt like maybe I wanted something sweet like a donut, just smelling it would usually satiate me. But over break that changed and I don't know why. All I wanted to eat were cookies. Chocolate chip cookies, M&M cookies from the mall, and most especially my mom's gingerbread cookies. Cookies. They were so incredible. Little bites of happiness. Where had they been all my life?? Cookies! I'd been thinking maybe it was just a "holiday" thing; like maybe I was craving sweets because it was Christmas. But nope. I'm back at school and it's still the case. COOKIES!!!!! So if you'll excuse me, I've got an ass that's not gonna fatten itself.