Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloweenage! (part 1)

Last night I went to Diana's for the annual crazy Halloween bash thrown by her roommate, Rico, and whoever he happens to be living with when the end of October rolls around. I was very excited to go to the party, partly because my first impression of Rico involved him explaining that he wasn't sure what he was going to be but that he has a whole bunch of different costumes. "But I'm not gay," he added as an afterthought. Here they are at the party:


And here is my costume:


It was pretty interesting taking the train over to their house wearing that. What am I, you ask? I'm a MAD SCIENTIST. Not "some kind of nurse" which was what several people thought. I had actually considered making a name tag to go with the costume, which might have helped. Something like "Lune McCrazypants, Scientific Researcher." But I ran out of time after dyeing my hair. And I also sort of thought my accoutrements would clarify my theme:

In case you can't read that, it says BRAIN SLURRY: White Male, age 43. Capture: standard procedure, near Chinatown. Comments: "Please don't hurt me!" It definitely looked eerie when I drank my vodka cran out of that jar. Those metal tools are my research/torture instruments. I bought the big weird fork thing and the tongs at Thrift Town a few weeks ago. I found them in Kitchenware(?), probably because they didn't know where else to put them. But I thought they looked creepy and kind of rusted and used.

This is me with my classmates, the Morton Salt girl (Evie) and Medusa (Diana):


And after a few drinkies we started trading props:

Evie wanted to see how my Brain Removal Device worked and I thought I felt a sprinkle.

Very nearly everybody was dressed up, which was awesome. There were some good costumes that I failed to capture on camera-- the loofah girl, the guy dressed as Frida Kahlo, the girl with cars all over her jacket who was a traffic jam.

It was a good time. Now I just need a plan for next weekend. And a different outfit, because I don't wear the my costumes twice in the same year. That's just my rule.