Sunday, October 11, 2009

Beautiful Eyes

On Friday five of my classmates and I went to a nearby college across the bridge and learned some optometry information and skills from the pros. It was a really interesting day. And it was also exhausting-- I had no idea how hard it is to perform eye examinations. I would be leaning "two finger breadths" away from my classmate's face, peering though my ophthalmoscope, trying to look THROUGH the pupil and see the stuff on the other side. It's something I'm going to have to practice because I kept holding my breath while I was doing the exam because my face was so CLOSE to my partner's. And then I would start feeling all dizzy and faint before I even saw anything.

Some people say that true beauty is in the inside. Here is a photo of the inside of my left eye.


Beautiful... in a freaky, alien kind of way.