Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nerdypants

I've started my last year in my nursing program. My last year in school, period, and I mean it this time. This year seems to be a bit calmer than last. I'm sure it has to do with me liking my clinical sites and feeling good about my classes and having friends in my program, but let's not forget that last October was so full of drama and chaos and INSANITY that by comparison this one seems to be smooooooth sailing.

Last year I was so preoccupied and meh over the whole prospect of school that I didn't bother to really prepare. I just threw a couple half-used notebooks into my backpack and kept all my papers in one folder, all disorganized and falling out. This year I treated myself to some new supplies.
Binder, pencil sharpener, planner, and lunchbox.
I went a little crazy over the matchy-matchy and cutesy stuff that was on sale. Too adorable, right?
Owl pencil case
I also stocked up on new binders and went through all my old papers and categorized and labeled them all.
I bring the pink one to school with me. I put just what I need for school that day in it and switch it out when I get home. I've started getting a lot of enjoyment out of hole punching and putting my papers in their different binders under the proper tabs.
Yes, carrying my little pink binder and using my little heart printed pencil sharpener and writing in my little heart printed planner is all very pleasing. I'm saving my heart printed binder to use for my research project and I'm pretty excited about that, too.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm a huge nerdypants. And I like it.