New reusable shopping bags from Flip & Tumble! Aren't they, for lack of a more sophisticated descriptor, CUTE?
Now, I am not affiliated in any way with Flip & Tumble, but I spent a good deal of time procrastinating doing my homework by searching for the Right Bags online, so I'm feeling good about this purchase. I tend to be a rather indecisive and picky so I had a variety of criteria and these bags met them all. They:
- are big enough for groceries, but also versatile enough for other purchases.
- are, according to the web site, washable, strong, and durable (made of "ripstop nylon").
- have a long enough strap to be slung over my shoulder.
- are compact. I opened up the "aqua" one to show how big they become, and it smooshed very easily back into a wee ball-- perfect for stashing in my purse, my backpack, my car, etc.
- are affordable. If you buy 7 or more they are just $7 each (plus shipping).
- are cute! Aren't they cute!?
And then, just yesterday, I was at my favorite little Japanese Variety Store and I saw these:
And I had been thinking about buying little cloth or mesh produce bags for grocery shopping but I couldn't seem to pull the trigger on buying them online for the $3ish each plus shipping. But these were only $1.50 each and I think I will legitimately use them for produce or maybe even as lunch bags. And I am planning to use the smaller ones for my morning bagel instead of wrapping the bagel in a plastic bag and then throwing it away after I eat the bagel because it's all smeared with cream cheese and I don't want to deal with it. I mean, uh, I don't do that.