Sunday, May 17, 2009

With a little help from my friends

This has been a tough year. I moved. I started this crazy new school. I had drama of all sorts.

In November, probably not unrelated to all my stress and craze, I had a muscle spasm in my back. I was in excruciating pain and couldn't move very well so I went to the student health center. In my conversation with the doctor, he said that it might be a good idea to talk to a therapist since I appeared to be rather overwhelmed. I thought he was probably right.

I went to a therapist a couple times in LA and it was just the BEST experience ever. I could go in, unload all my tears and baggage and leave feeling like a brand new person, energized and ready to take on the world. So the doctor said he would put me on their list and someone would call me when one of the counselors was available to set up an appointment.

No one ever called. How's that for letting the mentally unstable patients fall through the cracks?

And so, I've been leaning rather heavily on a few people to help me through this year.

Thank you girlies for helping me through the tough times, listening to me, giving advice, and being steadfastly loyal. I appreciate it more than I know how to put into words.




p.s. I can't believe I had NOT A SINGLE recent picture of Kelly (wtf?), so I had to use this one from like five years ago. We were at the Getty Villa for family day. Michelle and Kelly made hair wreaths. I drew satyrs. And then we got to be muses in a play.

p.p.s. Kelly would like you all to know that she eats babies.