Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Exhausted from sleeping

I've been sleeping quite a bit these past couple of days. But instead of waking up all refreshed and energized to tackle the day, I feel groggy and irritable. This possibly has something to do with my dreams....

From last night:

I am in the ocean, swimming beside a large ship. I have to stay right next to it without being washed up on this platform that is on my other side. I can't touch the ship or the platform or the two beams that extend out from the ship above my head and below my feet. Essentially, I have to swim in a little box while keeping up with the ship, without touching any of the sides or getting sucked underwater and drowning.

I am in the desert. There are four pairs of railroad tracks that intersect each other in a square. I have to jump from track to track without getting hit by the trains. There is no pattern to which direction the trains are coming from, but the tracks will light up seconds before the train comes. At all times I must be touching two sets of railroad tracks and the train must pass by me or underneath my legs (apparently these are small, but still deadly trains?).

In my dreams I feel like every move I make must be careful and precise because even the slightest mistake could cost me. I feel like I am on the verge of failing but I don't know how to get myself out of this situation and achieve what I want. Every moment that passes is only a moment that prolongs the inevitable collision with a train or getting sucked into darkness.

And then I wake up and feel exactly the same way.