Thursday, May 7, 2009

Girl Talk: Sensual Underthings



My immediate thoughts about lingerie tend to be of the Halloween variety:


For bedtime, generally speaking, I tend more toward always wearing (what I think are) cute undies instead of occasionally breaking out something with a lot of bells and whistles. Sometimes I wear particularly cute undies for particularly special occasions. And sometimes fancy lingerie can certainly be a fun surprise and a nice way to spice things up.

But then sometimes it can be a letdown if you wear something sexy and the evening does not go as planned. Like, you might go into the bathroom and change into a cute, coordinated little getup and come out and realize the guy has already passed out with the remote in his hand.

Also, I think I categorize lingerie shopping the same way I do regular bra shopping-- it's only fun if you have a perfect body. You know how it feels kind of crappy when you're shopping and you see an article of clothing that you think is so cute and so awesome and would look so good on you and you try it on and... ugh? Now multiply that feeling by ahundredish if that article of clothing happened to be a super fantastic looking piece of lingerie but when you put it on the bottom part cut off circulation in your thighs and the top part looked like two deflated balloons. Just as a for instance.