Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Things

Oof. Okay. Enough moping and whining. I think it is time for a list of things that are currently making me happy. In no particular order:

Halloween.

Halloween candy.

I washed my sheets and blankies the other day. They feel lovely.

I sent my sister a flat iron because she tried using mine and loved it.

I've been buying 'business casual' shirts from thrift stores for clinical (and, eventually, work). They are cheapitty cheap and also very cute. It is a highly satisfying exercise.

Pumpkin pie. I haven't actually had any yet but I'm ready for it.

Thanksgiving.

The day after Thanksgiving my radio station starts playing Christmas music round the clock. I love Christmas music.

Bowie has been consistently sleeping on my bed with me. It is really cute how exhausted he seems- one paw draped over his little face, snoring- but he sleeps quite a lot during the day so I'm not sure why he's so tuckered out.

I've been listening to audiobooks on my way to and from clinical. It is surprisingly soothing.

I am graduating in June.

I went to a different provider at the health center today. I like her better than the last doc I saw.

Everyone in this town seems to be in the World Series spirit. I've had meetings get out a little early "so we can all get out of here and watch the game" and several of the buildings downtown have changed their lights to orange. I've never been a huge baseball fan but it is definitely fun to see everybody so excited. It's contagious.

My plants look happy.

I ordered a box of my favorite pens from Amazon. They were cheaper than any store and I got a whole bunch of them. Score!

Christmas.

The little kids' Christmas pageant in church.

Christmas maple sugar candy.

Christmas presents.

Bagel Day.

I like my classes.

I stopped carrying a backpack and have been carrying a shoulder bag instead. Now my back doesn't hurt when I get home from school.

I got a pedicure a couple weeks ago and it still looks good.

I ordered new rain boots.

I washed my hair today and it smells nice-- like pomegranate.

I just learned how to spell 'pomegranate.'