Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Go get them!

Every couple of years I start thinking about how lovely it would be to get another kitten/cat. I've held myself back, for the most part. Okay, that's a lie. The first time my roommate at the time told me I couldn't get another cat and the second time I actually did get a kitten but she turned out to be kind of insane and I thought I might be allergic to her so I passed her off to my sister and her kids and now she lives at my parents' house and just last Saturday she caught a rat, a mouse, and a lizard. And the week before my mom found a bunny in the yard, in pieces. So I've pretty much decided that one high-maintenance cat is plenty, for now.

Anyhow. I went to the animal shelter on Sunday, just to LOOK (because we all know what a great idea that is, right?). And, OMG, there was the sweetest dog there. She was this blind pug with her tongue perpetually drooping out of the side of her mouth and I just wanted to scoop her up and take her home with me.

And then there were these....

I think they want to come home with you.