Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Graduation Gifties

Now that I've finished with my Giant Paper Thing people tend to assume that I'm done with everything. "So you're done!" they say. "What have you been doing with yourself?" And I have to explain that, no no, the Giant Paper Thing was due in the middle-beginningish of the quarter and actually I still have a full month left of classes and clinicals. Plus, I've been doing all that stuff I put off while I was frantically working. I'm really still just as busy as I was before, but now I shower.

My sister has been bugging me to come up with a graduation gifty list (assuming that the next month or so goes according to plan and I do indeed graduate). TWIST MY ARM, I said to that.

Here are some things I like, just in case you had a hankering to buy me things or if you were looking for inspiration for your own wish list. Or whatever. This was basically just an excuse to troll through Etsy and find things I like.

This Jackalope Feltidermy is the NUMBER ONE OMG BESTEST THING I WANT WANT WANT.
All photos are from their respective Etsy sellers.

I decided I would buy it for myself as a Happy Graduation to Me present. But then I tried to contact the seller twice about special ordering one and she never responded. SADFACE.

Moving on.

I also like this rainy day pillow.

Or this rainbow tree pillow.

Non-white handkerchiefs like this one would be useful.

How sweet is this little poppy blossom clutch?

I'm not sure what I would keep in it but I'm sure I could find a use for this bunny pouch.

This owl purse is too cute. Or do the eyes make it creepy?

At $400 this tree shelfy thing is obviously not something I would ever expect to receive as a gift. But I'm including it because I find it adorable. Actually, the $800 one is even cuter. WHY IS ARE THESE EXTRAVAGANCES SO DAMN EXPENSIVE? Oh, right.

This sweatshirt is cute.

Oh, wait, so is this pillow from the same shop! But why is it $82?

Actually I think I like this one better. And I like that it is $28.

Speaking of pillows (again), I like this seat cushion. It would have been nice to have it for my tush while I was stuck for hours and hours writing my Giant Paper Thing.

Oh GOODNESS. A fox on my shoulders? Don't mind if I do.

Also in the category of 'I wouldn't want someone to actually spend this much money on me'-- this wall decal.

Okay I must stop now. It is bedtime. Perhaps I got a little carried away!