Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blogher10: Bassackwards

Oh, man. I don't quite know how to talk about Blogher. I sorta can't believe it's already over. It was such a whirlwind of fun, excitement, anxiety, laughter, and snark. But let me start over and begin at the most logical place-- the end.

And by the end, I mean my ass.

Saturday night was the Sparklecorn party! Could there have possibly been a party that was more right up my alley? I think not. Because sparkles and unicorns just happen to be two of my very favorite things. Seriously. SPARKLES AND UNICORNS!

So, I wore a sparkly dress and a unicorn.
With Jenny
See how sparkly? And unicorny?
With Lora
It was this sparkly dress that inspired Jenny to introduce me to people backwards.

And I mean that LITERALLY. She would ask "Have you met my friend Julia's ass?" and then turn me sideways to introduce it.
Photo from Califmom
Some people suspected that it wasn't real and that maybe I was wearing a booty pop or something. Which means that a lot of lovely ladies groped my tush at that party. Lucky me!

Of course, then there was the conversation I had with Miss Britt's hubby. It was after the party and a group of us were standing outside the hotel lobby. He told me to be careful when I was out there because I might be mistaken for one of the hookers. "They look really nice, though! I mean, they're dressed really nice," he said. "I'm just saying, you look good."

Good like a high-class hooker?