Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm irrationally afraid...

... of Ferris Wheels.
I don't remember the exact beginning of this but I do remember specific terrifying trips on the Ferris Wheel. Like the time I went with my sister and my dad on this big one where you rode in this round capsule thing with seats all around and I spent the whole time crouched on the floor in the center. And then there was the time that Jenny made me go on the one at the Boardwalk where you're in a cage and there is a lever that you can pull to spin the cage around and upside down. I remember we were 10 or 11 and I remember that Jenny was in charge of pulling the lever and I was in charge of screaming hysterically.

... of people in big costumes.
If you want to see me have a panic attack, invite a big be-costumed person to come over and hug me. Seriously. I RAN the other direction when I saw Elmo walking toward me at Blogher.

... of Giants.
Whenever I'm, like, driving at night or see something weird out of the corner of my eye, the creepy thing I think it might be is always a GIANT. Like: Aah! A giant! Oh, no, wait, it's just a lamppost with a tree behind it. Thank goodness.

... that one of those highway overpasses is going to come to life and start walking around like an enormous centipede.
That's what I think about every single time I drive under one like this.


So, uh, your turn?