Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jewelry Suitcase

I bought this mini suitcase at the flea market a couple months ago.
For various reasons, I'm telling you about it now! Okay, I'll tell you the reasons, too: I bought it the last time KC and I went to the flea market together, and then we came home and broke up. The next day, finding something to do with my new mini suitcase was the only productive thing I accomplished and so posting about it fell by the wayside. Until now! Isn't it cute? I heart it.
I love the wavy diamond pattern and the diamond mirror.
I never really liked my old jewelry box. It was one that a friend gave me when she was cleaning out her garage. I don't have a photo of it, so you'll have to take my word for it that it was big and clunky and not pretty. But it was functional, so it actually hadn't occurred to me to replace it until I was staring around my apartment, trying to decide which place of honor to bestow upon the mini suitcase. So I emptied it out and put it in the Goodwill pile.

Then, I transferred my baubles and jewels into the suitcase...

... and now it lives atop my bookshelf!
I couldn't neatly pack ALL my jewelry into the suitcase, so I added a supplementary Pyrex dish for my fun, more durable earrings (I already owned the necklace stand). Whaddaya think?