Thursday, December 15, 2011

For the Tots, 2011

Right around this time last year, I read a couple of posts by a certain Bloggess that inspired me to start my very first Christmas tradition of my own. I went out and bought a bunch of toys for the tots. They lived under my Christmas tree for a week or so, and then I donated them all. It made me so happy, knowing I was doing something good and helping people and putting smiles on kids' faces, plus there was the bonus of my house looking especially festive for a little while.
Here is what my tree looked like last year:

And here is what it looks like right now:
Actually, I took the photo last night. But the toys are still all there.
I may have gone a little overboard. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I bought all of these toys at Walgreens, using their buy two get one free and buy one get one free deals. I enjoy shopping in general and shopping for toys in particular, and this year I'm giving my nieces and nephews mostly stuff I found at the flea market (that they'll like!), so it was fun to go out and BUY TOYS. Lots of toys!
I'm going to donate them all this weekend. Shout out to the Bloggess for inspiring me to start doing this, and Merry Christmas to one and all!