Thursday, February 18, 2010

Girl Talk: Going for Gold


This week's Girl Talk is about the Olympics! Can I take a moment to tell you how much I love the Olympics? Well, I LOVE THE OLYMPICS! Especially the Winter Olympics. Especially the skeleton. And the speed skating. And that biathlon where they ski and then shoot a gun. And and and!

Okay, okay. I'm supposed to come up with events in which I would be the Olympic Champion. I had trouble thinking of them. I'm quite the hula hooper, but there are undoubtedly people out there who are far more skilled at that. I can hold my breath for a long time, but there's, like, a profession of people who do that. I prefer HOT things and can touch scalding objects longer than most people, but I'm sure the dudes who walk on coals would have me beat there.

I did manage to come up with a few categories in which I would certainly take home the gold:

Honesty
I can't lie, people. Seriously. Even if I'm trying to just tell part of the story and leave out one little detail my brain will go "WAIT! You're leaving something out!" and I'll have trouble NOT saying it. This is one reason my stories tend to go on and on-- I feel like I have to give you ALL the information, not just the important points. I can guarantee that I'm a worse liar than you, so hello gold medal in honesty for Julesy!

Memorizing Song Lyrics
I can't seem to remember useful information that I might need at school or clinical, but the random song lyrics category is ALL MINE. As long as I'm only graded on accuracy and enthusiasm (and not pitch or tone or key or any other words that mean "good at singing"), I'd kick everybody's booty at this one.

Most Ridiculous October and November 2009
Oh, I definitely win, suckas.