Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The plan went awry

Today we had our all day long skills lab out in San Rafael. I was kind of panicking about getting there due to how well I (do not) know the city I now call home. But a nice classmate responded to my cry for help and thus a carpool picked me up at 8. It was actually pretty nice to go out to San Rafael... the weather is much more "LA like." As in sunny. Which always puts me in a happy mood.
We had to do a lot of skills today, which involves practicing on each other. That's fine for now since we're doing assessments and transfers and such... I'm sort of nervous about a few months from now when we'll be drawing blood from each other but I guess that's what I signed myself up for! One of the things we did today was to practice these pressure relieving bandages which forced me to expose my frightfully hairy legs.

I promise, I shave regularly. Really I do. Even in the winter because you just never know, particularly in LA. I usually shave on Thursday nights; a sort of "getting ready for the weekend" thing. But this past Thursday I didn't. And then it was cold on Friday night so I didn't. And then I felt like I had missed my window. I thought that as long as I hadn't already shaved, I should just wait until this next Thursday because I'm sure I'll just wear pants the rest of the week and I am not planning to go swimming or otherwise expose my legs.

But the plan went to folly when I had to roll up my pant legs and have bandages applied. Not that it matters but.... I guess I was still sort of hoping to come across as, like, "pulled together" or whatever.